Thursday, September 24, 2009

Golen Fingers




Hi, all!! I do not have golden fingers read more and I will tell you why. I have been busy There are more photos here of coarse. I really like this room. I did the gold leaf in case your wondering, by using a krylon pen. I painted the high parts gold, With a gloved hand which is why I am not playing king Midas now. Anyways I rubbed the gold leaf around after ten seconds, any less and it smudges.

As you can see in this one it works great on embossed scrapbook paper, or wallpaper. By the way the molding up top is from classics.

There is shot here shows the billiard area the lights are by miniature house, and are two chandlers, they weren't long enough, so I pulled the wire down and twisted it, that’s all they had before no chain but it looks great. The ceiling roses took some thinking. The regular ones wouldn’t work because with these ones the mounting system is a plastic plate, with wire going through. I could dismantle it, but then I would have to put the plug back in. I am not yet sure how to do that. So I took a thin metal jewelry finding, about as thick as heavy card stock. [Similar ones can be found with scrap booking things] And cut toward the center. I wrapped it around and with double sided tape, acid free of coarse. I pressed down. The ceilings embossed scrap book paper, I think embossing it would be to much.


The shot here show the embossed wall and a blank wall and a hole in the wall. That hole in the wall is where the clock tower will go, inside will be a step up and a seating area. That blank wall will have a square window at an angle. I will do the red and cream walls there too. The embossed wall tuned out that way because the door wouldn’t close with the full base board/shelf. I really like this room

Oh if you noticed a hole in the ceiling/floors, that’s were the stairs will go. And yes that room goes to nowhere, it will eventually, go to a room in progress This shot show the little girls room. That niche will eventually be walled up and will house some of the electrical things. If you look closely, You'll Notice that at the top of the room the floor fro the top floor sticks out. Shelves will some day go there to house dolls or teddy bears. That's how I made the bed fit!
Till Next time,
Lidilstuff
Slide 1Slide 1Slide 1Slide 1Slide 1



No comments: